Carousel Item Title
Carousel Item Title
Peter und Luise Hager-Award at the Saar Academy of Fine Arts and Design (HBKsaar)
Each year, the call for entries specifies a theme to be addressed artistically or creatively. The prizes are intended to promote the individual development of the students in the long term. In addition, the awarding of prizes is intended to address a broad public for the aesthetic development potential of the Saar region.
The theme of the winter semester 2022/23 and thus of the current call for entries is: "practising".
At the end of the winter semester 2022/23, the ten best works were shown as part of the tour in the HBKsaar gallery. The award ceremony took place in the context of the opening of the tour at the end of the winter semester 2022/23.
The decision on the awarding of the prize will be made by a jury consisting of
three representatives of the Peter und Luise Hager Foundation, three representatives of the HBKsaar and two external experts.
Award Winners of the Peter und Luise Hager Award 2022/2023
1. Prize: 5,000 euros - Ivan Labalestra »In die Ausstellung kommen«
2. Prize: 3,000 euros - Siwei Li »Metronome«
3. Prize: 2,000 euros - Mirco Kanthak »Mir|co Kan|thak«
In addition to the art works of the three prize winners, the entries of seven other students were exhibited: Jihoon Jung, Haegang Lee, Maribel Spanier, Heidrun Stern, Pia Treiber, Dean Weigand & Thorsten Müller, Iryna Yeroshko
You can find more information about the art works here.
Review: Award Winners of the Peter und Luise Hager Award 2021/2022
1. Prize: 5,000 euros - Jihoon Jung "Deaf" (Animation and drawings)
2. Prize: 3,000 euros - Sarah Niecke "Sie tun nichts, sie wollen nur spielen!" (Video installation and photographs)
3. Prize: 2,000 euros - Irina Schulze "There is (no) glory in prevention" (Object)
In addition to the art works of the three prize winners, the entries of seven other students were exhibited: Carlos Alberto Molina Castillo, Céline Gieseler, Ivan Labalestra, Joohee Oh, Marika Pyrszel, Sandra Romina Pölger and Yining Tang.
Review: Award Winners of the Peter und Luise Hager Award 2020/21
1. Prize: 1,000 euros - Polina Trishkina "Salz der Erde" (Sculpture)
2. Prize: 1,000 euros - Seokjin Hong "Drin" (Light installation)
3. Prize: 1,000 euros - Marius Buck "DaVinciPowerHammer" (Installation)
Since many students have lost their part-time jobs due to the crisis, the Foundation adjusted the usual endowment and donated part of the award money to the Corona Emergency Aid Fund of the General Students' Committee (AStA) of the HBKsaar to support students in financial need. Management Board member Susanne Trockle handed over the cheque to Prof. Gabriele Langendorf, former rector of the HBKsaar, and Joas Strecker, former AStA chairman, in July 2020 (from left to right).
In addition to the art works of the three prize winners, the entries of seven other students were exhibited: Miriam Dockendorf, Julia Gerhards, Jihoon Jung, Hwakyeong Kim, Kyungju Kim and Felicitas Zenke.
Review: Award Winners of the Peter und Luise Hager Award 2019/2020
1. Prize: 5,000 euros - Tim Jungmann "Glück" (Wall shelf installation)
2. Prize: 3,000 euros - Kollektiv Maria Pauer "Aktion 1: Minus 18 Meter" (multimedial installation)
3. Prize: 2,000 euros - Johanna Schlegel "whiteout" (video)
In addition to the art works of the three prizewinners, the entries of eight other students were exhibited: Julia Gerhards, Léo Himburg, Tanja Huberti, Mario Maurer, Jonathan Maus, Anica Seidel, Antonia Stakenkötter and Luise Talbot.